Sarah Willard Couture is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sarah Willard Couture may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to the process of having a garment made for you.
We don’t collect your credit or debit card information. We use a third-party payment processor to handle this information securely. None of your Credit/Debit card information is stored anywhere on this site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping and business administration.
• Process any order or enquiry by you.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at UnitA Sugnall Business Centre, Sugnall, ST21 6NF, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Third Party Data Processors
We have chosen a secure set of digital partners to help us provide the best possible service to you. These are service providers and sub-contractors for the performance of fulfilling the contract we enter with you. Third parties are only authorised by us to use or disclose the information we provide them, to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. These partners are the following:
• Squarespace, our website platform, which forwards your contact details and order information to enable you to place orders.
• Mailchimp, our email service provider, stores your email address so we can send you marketing emails and newsletters (that you’ve consented to receive).
• PayPal and Stripe are the payment service providers via which we take payment when placing orders.
• We handle customer enquiries via G Suite, powered by Google.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2017/676, you have:
• the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us;
• be informed of what data processing is taking place;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• object to processing of your personal data;
• rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
• the right to complain to a supervisory authority such as the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK. Although we encourage our customers to engage with us in the event they have any concerns or complaints.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
Information Commissioner's Office
v.2.3 May 2018
Hope you found this policy and any related links on the page helpful.
Sarah Willard Couture, Unit 1A Sugnall Business Centre, Sugnall, Staffordshire, ST21 6NF.